QUICK AND EASY VEGGIE CHICKPEA DOSA RECIPE
A dosa is an Indian-style pancake. Here, we lighten up the dish and amped up the protein by using a chickpea-flour instead of a traditional grain based flour base.
Serves: 2 people
- 1 container of Hungryroot chickpea pancake batter (note: alternatively can use 2 cup chickpea flour +1cup water)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups brussel sprouts, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp EVOO or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp red pepper romesco (currently obsessed with the one from Haven's Kitchen)
- optional garnish: cashew cheese or feta (pasteurized if pregnant)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Slice the brussel sprouts and onions, and place evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Spray with olive oil (I recommend EVO or chosen foods aerosol free oil sprayer).
- Place the vegetables in the oven and roast for 25 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, combine chickpea flour and water in a small bowl. Stir with a spoon until a smooth batter forms. Add extra water if needed to achieve a thin crepe consistency.
- Heat the coconut oil or olive oil in frying pan over a high heat. The trick is to get the pan really hot before adding the batter.
- Spoon 2 tbsp of batter into the pan. Cook until bubbles appear (approx 2 minutes). Flip and cook until golden.
- To serve, top each dosa with the brussels sprouts and onion mixture, a drizzle of red pepper romesco, and a sprinkle of feta.